INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Mark Everson
We caught up with the multi talented feature film, comedy and documentary editor Mark Everson. Mark has just finished cutting the smash hit movie Paddington which has garnered huge international success and he recently stopped by the Inside The Edit offices for a chat.
Not only has Mark edited big Hollywood Feature films, he’s also worked on some of the biggest comedy shows to come out of the UK over the last decade, including Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh and Alan Partridge.
We talked about dozens of aspects of the craft of editing and Mark gave us some amazing insight into the complexities of cutting comedy and CGI and how he got his break into the industry.
- EDIT ESSAY: Zen and the edit suite - 10 key secrets to career success
- PODCAST: Paddy talks to Indie Film Hustle PART 2
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Eddie Hamilton PART 2
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Eddie Hamilton PART 1
- NO FILM SCHOOL: Manipulating pace & timing
- NO FILM SCHOOL: A Powerful editing technique
- PODCAST: Paddy Bird talks to Indie Film Hustle
- EDIT ESSAY: Secrets to becoming a freelance editor
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Mark Everson
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Tayte Simpson
- EDIT ESSAY: Compression, Correction & The Psychology of Framing
- INSIDE THE EDIT ALUMNI: Josh
- EDIT ESSAY: Observing The Human Condition