INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Tayte Simpson
This week on INSIDE THE INDUSTRY we're talking with Tayte Simpson, one of the UK's leading documentary and factual Executive Producers. Tayte is Director of Programming at Mentorn Media, one of Europe's most successful production companies and has produced numerous BAFTA, Rose D'Or and Grierson nominated programmes. As an Exec Producer Tayte has overseen dozens of edits during his near twenty year career and gave us a ton of industry insight during his hour long chat with Inside The Edit.
- What production companies and broadcasters are looking for when hiring the key creative positions in high end documentaries.
- What the key skills and talents are for primetime level editing. Common problems that happen in the cutting room.
- How the industry is changing with the advent of new technology.
- Unique insights into how documentaries are commissioned from someone at the very highest level of television.
- EDIT ESSAY: Zen and the edit suite - 10 key secrets to career success
- PODCAST: Paddy talks to Indie Film Hustle PART 2
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Eddie Hamilton PART 2
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Eddie Hamilton PART 1
- NO FILM SCHOOL: Manipulating pace & timing
- NO FILM SCHOOL: A Powerful editing technique
- PODCAST: Paddy Bird talks to Indie Film Hustle
- EDIT ESSAY: Secrets to becoming a freelance editor
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Mark Everson
- INSIDE THE INDUSTRY: Tayte Simpson
- EDIT ESSAY: Compression, Correction & The Psychology of Framing
- INSIDE THE EDIT ALUMNI: Josh
- EDIT ESSAY: Observing The Human Condition